Saturday, October 5, 2013

Gerber 30-000380 06 Partially Serrated G-10 Handle Knife


Everything you expected and more
You cannot go wrong with this knife. This is not a cheap knock off, nor a copy of a superior knife. The s30v steel is perfect for high durability and edge retention. The serrated part of the blade is aggressive and quickly works its way through what you are cutting. Out of the box, this is probably the second sharpest knife I have ever received. The G-10 handle has a surface that is easy to hold onto no matter how wet or slick it becomes. (I think you could get a good grip after dunking it in 10-W40 motor oil.) The G-10 handle is easier to grip than the metal handle. Also, unlike the metal handle, it will not get too cold or too hot to handle, nor will it conduct electricity. Also, the back is open so it is easier to clean. The handle material also has the additional benefit of being lighter. The only drawback to the material is that if you use the clip to hold it to your pocket, it will abrade the cloth rapidly.

Once the safety is deployed, the open blade is rock...
Fast, Sharp, and Made in the USA
This knife is very fast and is my choice for a last ditch defensive weapon.
This knife is easy to hold on to and get brought into action quite quickly.
The handle is big and a perfect fit for large hands.
Unlike most of Gerber's Knives all of their Automatics are Made in the USA; a fact they are proud of and display on every blade.
---
My only real issue with it is that I wish it were available with a full straight blade with no serrations.
I would also note that I have carried this knife everyday for more than 6 months; the blade is still sharp and unmarked; the handle however has lost the black coating in a number of places, leaving shinny metal.
---
One other note: As this is an Automatic Knife check your local laws; in most States these are only available for purchase to Law Enforcement, Military, Government Contractors, or EMT's. And regardless of local laws the Federal Government Regulates the Intestate Transportation/Shipping of the...
The best!
I have a nice collection of knives, which range in value from cheap to very expensive. I did a lot of research on the Gerber 06 Automatic before I put down $135.00 Just got my drop point today from Cutlery Shoppe (good price and service, by the way). I was not disappointed. A tremendous knife, both in build and in function. I can see why our Military folks would put their stamp of approval on the 06 Auto. I don't think I'll need it, but I like the life-time warranty too.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment